The Bent Fork - Sundy Night Cocktail

 
The Bent Fork Keeping It Fresh #1 Sunday Evening Cocktail
I’m thinking of starting a weekly cocktail post - a little bit about some of my favorite traditional cocktails, new recipes, and recent restaurant delights! I like to share my favorite recipes, but sometimes a simple, refreshing cocktail indulgence is just what you need at the end of a busy weekday. I think I will call these entries Keeping It Fresh
I found this week’s recipe while paging through a past Bon Appetit magazine, and was easily persuaded to try this fresh summer cocktail. I think it was the words clementine,negroni, and vermouth that got me (everytime!). Break out your cocktail shaker for this one!
Ingredients
3 clementines, peeled
3 dashes of orange bitters
1/4 cup gin
1/4 cup Campari
3 tablespoons vermouth
Ice cubes
2 clementine slices, for garnish
Directions
Place 3 whole peeled clementines and orange bitters in cocktail shaker and muddle until clementines are broken down. Add gin, Campari, vermouth. Fill shaker 3/4 full with ice. Shake for 30 seconds. Strain into 2 martini classes and garnish with clementine slices.
Thanks Bon Appetit for this lovely Sunday treat! I’ll let you know how it is tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts